By Brittny Drye
Similar to this year’s Golden Globes, the 84th Academy Awards‘ red carpet featured an abundance of white and wedding-worthy looks.
MILLA JOVOVICH IN ELIE SAAB
Milla Jovovich looked stunning in head-to-toe sparkle. The starlet channeled Old Hollywood for inspiration, wearing a vintage one-shoulder Elie Saab haute couture gown featuring delicate, iridescent beading along the sculpted frame, ideal for an extravagant affair.
GWYNETH PALTROW IN TOM FORD
Gwyneth Paltrow kept it clean and simple, while still making a statement, in an elegant Tom Ford ivory cap-sleeve evening column and cape, perfect for a winter wedding.
ROONEY MARA IN GIVENCHY
Rooney Mara, who spent the majority of awards season in black, showed up wearing a snow white Givenchy gown. The dress featured modern details, such as the 3-D pleated bust, that were softened with sheer straps and delicate lace, allowing it to be a perfect option for both a romantic vineyard wedding or in an avant garde art gallery reception.
BERENICE BEJO IN ELIE SAAB
French actress Berenice Bejo looked tres chic in a custom gown designed by Elie Saab. The soft green color played a prominent role in his Spring/Summer 2012 Haute Couture collection and we’ve seen the pretty pastels easily transition from the red carpet to the aisle. Vera Wang and Romona Keveza have both sent mint-colored tones down their runways at Bridal Week, giving fashion-forward brides a spectrum of colorful options.
CAMERON DIAZ IN GUCCI
As always, Cameron Diaz looked effortlessly glamorous last night in Gucci. The strapless dress featured beaded Art Deco fringe on the bodice and cascading ruffles for a romantic look.
Photo: Facebook pages of Elie Saab, Tom Ford, Givenchy, Gucci
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California