Looking for some fun and inclusive books to read to your little one? These will make great bedtime stories!
1. My Two Moms and Me by Michael Joosten
This book chronicles the daily lives of moms and baby.
2. Love Makes a Family by Sophie Beer
In this book, every type of family is celebrated, from those with two moms to those with two dads to single parent households.
3. And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson
This is the classic story of two penguins named Roy and Silo who live at the Central Park Zoo and raise their very own baby penguin together.
4. My Maddy by Gayle E. Pitman
This is the story of a child whose parent is gender-non conforming, and all of the beautiful things about their lives together.
5. She’s My Dad! by Sarah Savage
In this book, a young girl lovingly explains her parent’s transition to her cousin.
6. Home At Last by Vera B Williams
In this book, a young boy is adopted by two dads, and the family dog helps him adjust to his new home.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)