WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
Yesterday, Connecticut Sun teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman revealed on Instagram that they are engaged.
“So, let’s talk about last night,” Thomas wrote beneath a photo of Hiedeman on one knee while the couple beams with happiness. “I said ABSOLUTELY!! I’m so excited for forever with the love of my life!”
She then wrote to Hiedeman, “You make me happier than I ever knew I could be. I’m grateful for you and beyond lucky that you’re mine, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!”
The post has earned thousands of likes and hundreds of excited comments of congratulations.
View this post on Instagram
The team, itself, also showed its support for the couple on Twitter, reposting the proposal photo and writing, “We’re so happy for you both!”
— Connecticut Sun (@ConnecticutSun) September 15, 2021
Thomas was selected by the Seattle Storm in a first round draft pick in 2011. She has since played for the Washington Mystics and Atlanta Dream. She was traded to the Sun in 2015.
In August, she earned the WNBA Cares Community Assist Award presented by State Farm® after she spent the season collaborating with the nonprofit organization Sharing Shoes to donate basketball shoes to underserved athletes. She also worked with the Kay Yow Cancer Fund with a focus on calling attention to health inequality in Black and Brown communities.
Hiedeman played for the Atlanta Dream before she was signed to the Sun in 2020. She is the third player from Marquette to ever be drafted to the WNBA.
If an engagement weren’t enough for the Sun, the team is also currently first in the league.
But Thomas and Hiedeman aren’t the only couple on the team. DeWanna Bonner and Alyssa Thomas are currently dating, and as many fans on the Internet have been saying, the Sun’s chemistry is clearly off the charts.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle
- Backyard South Carolina wedding on the lake