WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
Yesterday, Connecticut Sun teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman revealed on Instagram that they are engaged.
“So, let’s talk about last night,” Thomas wrote beneath a photo of Hiedeman on one knee while the couple beams with happiness. “I said ABSOLUTELY!! I’m so excited for forever with the love of my life!”
She then wrote to Hiedeman, “You make me happier than I ever knew I could be. I’m grateful for you and beyond lucky that you’re mine, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!”
The post has earned thousands of likes and hundreds of excited comments of congratulations.
View this post on Instagram
The team, itself, also showed its support for the couple on Twitter, reposting the proposal photo and writing, “We’re so happy for you both!”
— Connecticut Sun (@ConnecticutSun) September 15, 2021
Thomas was selected by the Seattle Storm in a first round draft pick in 2011. She has since played for the Washington Mystics and Atlanta Dream. She was traded to the Sun in 2015.
In August, she earned the WNBA Cares Community Assist Award presented by State Farm® after she spent the season collaborating with the nonprofit organization Sharing Shoes to donate basketball shoes to underserved athletes. She also worked with the Kay Yow Cancer Fund with a focus on calling attention to health inequality in Black and Brown communities.
Hiedeman played for the Atlanta Dream before she was signed to the Sun in 2020. She is the third player from Marquette to ever be drafted to the WNBA.
If an engagement weren’t enough for the Sun, the team is also currently first in the league.
But Thomas and Hiedeman aren’t the only couple on the team. DeWanna Bonner and Alyssa Thomas are currently dating, and as many fans on the Internet have been saying, the Sun’s chemistry is clearly off the charts.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding