By Anne Chertoff
With the new season of Mad Men heating up I’m sure there are many couples turning to the series, and the ‘60s, for wedding inspiration. Brides and grooms can both find fashion ideas from the show’s costumes and when it comes time to discuss signature drinks, I think everyone can assume a martini bar is in order. Here are a few more Mad Men-inspired ideas for your wedding:
Brides looking for that Betty Draper allure should visit Fancy Bridal, where the designs are all retro-inspired. You can shop by length: full, tea or short. The style shown here is “Joy” and features lace trim along the strapless neckline and skirt’s hemline.
Grooms who want to look dapper should shop at Brooks Brothers for a suit or tuxedo. The century-old men’s fashion company designs the custom suits for both Don Draper and Roger Sterling, and recently sold out of their limited Mad Men Edition.
Choose a stationery design with that retro feeling. The font style and color palette should both reflect the advertising designs of the art department of Sterling Cooper Drapper Price. The “New Wave” postcard save the date from Wedding Paper Divas is a perfect example.
It wouldn’t be a Mad Men wedding without a martini, so skip the open bar and limit your drink menu to a variety of martinis—classic, cosmo, apple, etc. The design shown here includes a lavish ice sculpture display by Brilliant Ice Sculptures by Don Chapelle, which services the New England area.
And while most of us don’t smoke, every character on Mad Men does so it would only seem right to leave custom matchbooks lying around for guests to take home as a party favor. For Your Party sells a variety of designs which can be customized with color, imagery and your names or monogram.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California