Raise a Glass of Eco-Friendly Wine to Mother Earth at Your Wedding
By Kirsten Ott Palladino
Forget making your mother or even your future mother-in-law happy. Let’s start with pleasing Mother Nature as you make your foray toward the aisle. In our eco issue this month, we cover gowns and green beauty products and even a full-out guide to greening up your wedding. In honor of Earth Day this Sunday, April 22, consider raising your etched Mrs. and Mrs. or Mr. and Mr. wine glasses to Mother Earth with an organic wine.
I know what you’re thinking, but don’t crinkle your nose just yet. Cuvée Alexandre Syrah Las Kuras 2009 by Lapostolle has proven to me that you don’t have to trade complexity and flavor when drinking greenly. The 2009 is the first edition of this Chilean wine to receive organic certification. The deep ruby red wine is bursting with ripe red fruit and cherries. Its juicy tannins and long-lasting finish are sure to keep your wedding guests happy, and the juicy flavor is especially good when accompanied by lamb or some nicely seasoned vegetables. The organic grapes are hand harvested at night (so romantic!). The winery encompasses everything from organic vineyard management and biodynamic practices to reductions in carbon emissions and more. Retail price: $24.99. Find more information at lapostolle.com.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage