A Sandcastle Beach Proposal and Train Engagement Photo Session
I met Margie in 2012 in Houston, Texas, when I became a new patient at the dental office where she was the office manager. I would come in and always ask her to go dancing as I was leaving. Fast forward two years, Margie finally says “yes” to a night of dancing and then later “yes” to being my girlfriend.
Margie and I are really just two puzzle pieces—not exactly the same but we fit perfectly. We fill our relationship with so much love, respect, laughter and adventures. From the very beginning she has had my heart and I knew I could never let this one go.
Fast forward another year-and-a-half….
I had planned a road trip for us to go to South Padre Island for Labor Day weekend. Since I am a big fan of exploring new places Margie didn’t think the weekend was anything more than a “girlfriend getaway.” Little did she know I had hired someone to make a special sandcastle for us to “stumble upon” while walking on the beach to help me pop the question.
Since it was a “girlfriend getaway” we spent the afternoon exploring the resort and drinking at the pool. However, I had misjudged the time the sandcastle would be done and now was rushed to get to the beach but without causing her to suspect something was up. And by this time she had been drinking all day but I decided a tipsy “yes” was better than not moving forward with the plan. Normally I am patient and let her take her time when she gets ready for dinner but now I was panicking that the woman I hired to build and guard the sand castle would leave and someone may come by and damage the sandcastle. So I started to slightly push her to get ready faster so we could “walk the beach before the sun went down” but more importantly so I could propose! After she was ready … and annoyed that I made her rush on vacation, we made it to the beach. As she came up to the castle she started to read the words “Marjorie, will you marry me?” and turns to me as I’m down on one knee in the sand. Her first words then were “Shut up” and then lots of happy tears with a “Yes!”
We finished the rest of the trip with our feet in the sand and big smiles on our faces!
Photos: Aaron Palaian | PXLS Studio
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage