Amy + Melissa: A Rustic California Fall Wedding
Amy and Melissa were married on a warm autumn day in Santa Ynez, California.
Amy and Melissa’s wedding comes to us from Willa Kveta Photography. Their quaint, rustic wedding in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley has such a laid-back feel. You can almost smell the warm autumn air and feel the warmth of the setting sun. —Emily Gable
We were friends for years before we became a couple. Both veterinarians, we met through veterinary medicine—in fact, we have the luxury of working together in a fantastic specialty veterinary hospital. Not only do we share in the love of animals but also in the love of natural and simple beauty, music, wine, food and artistic design which made wedding planning simple and enjoyable for us.
When we decided to celebrate our marriage with a wedding ceremony, we envisioned a very intimate setting with our closest friends and family in a rustic ambiance with simple elegance and plenty of natural beauty. We found a place that was seemingly perfect. However, two months before our wedding day, we learned the venue had double-booked our site. The experience was beyond stressful, but in so many ways, a blessing in disguise. The private estate, Lavender Oak Vineyard in the Santa Ynez Valley, discovered with the help of our amazing vendors, was beyond our expectations. It was not a substitution, but rather an upgrade.
We celebrated our most special and wonderful day together with the love and support of those closest to us. On the arms of our fathers we walked to “Loving Wings”, by one of our favorites, Dave Matthews, a fitting choice for these two avid Davey fans. We were married under a magnificent oak tree, with scattered natural white and purple lattice all around. Our officiant, one of our lifelong very best friends (becoming ordained just for our wedding), delivered a personal and heartfelt ceremony that had us all laughing and crying until we exchanged our own self-composed vows. We ate, drank, and danced until the stars shown bright and beautiful over the vast valley of grapevines, the perfect end to our perfect day!
Photography: Willa Kveta
Venue: Lavender Oak Vineyard, Buellton, CA
Catering: Pure Joy Catering
Cupcakes: Mary’s Secret Garden (vegan)
Music/DJ: Bonnie Hope (Music by Bonnie)
Flowers: Tiffany Brown
Hair: Laura Ise’
Officiant: Darci Tapia
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot