Balm Squad: 7 Lip Balms to Fight Winter Weather
By Brittny Drye
Baby, it’s cold outside and between the mistletoe and midnight on New Year’s Eve, you have a lot of smooching to do this holiday season. To keep your lips wedding-ready all winter long, tackle dry, chapped skin with these seven lips balms:
Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: The peppermint aroma of this drugstore classic is almost as familiar this time of year as the scent of evergreen. With a longstanding reputation that extends nearly three decades, this no frill natural basic balm cools chapped lips on contact with a matte finish.
Available at drugstores nationwide for $3.
Molton Brown Protecting Vitamin Lipsaver: This unscented balm glides on easily and speedily sinks in, protecting your pout for hours thanks to the combination of honey, beeswax, and vitamin E. Guarding against the dehydrating ravages of the sun, wind, and air, it’s designed to fit into the lifestyle of frequent travelers.
Available at Neiman Marcus for $18.
Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm: This long-lasting SPF 25 balm consists of shea butter and avocado oil to deliver moisture while vitamin E and green tea contribute antioxidant fortification. The thick formula isn’t ideal for day time, however a single dab at bedtime will keep your lips soft throughout the next day.
Available at Sephora for $7.50.
La Mer The Lip Balm: A little goes a long way with this balm in a pot, transforming dry, chapped lips almost immediately, infusing a potent concentration of its original “Miracle Broth”—a concoction of marine extracts, botanicals, and vitamins to regenerate the delicate lip skin.
Available at Nordstrom for $45.
Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm: Satisfy your sweet tooth as you soothe dry, chapped lips. Rosebud’s newest flavor comes in a vintage-inspired tin and contains a cocktail of emollients that lock in moisture and banish dryness. The versatile balm is even great for rubbing over cuticles and dry elbows.
Available at Sephora for $7.
Jane Iredale LipDrink SPF 15 Lip Balm: This colorless lip topper keeps lips lusciously moist and soft with macadamia nut oil. Like a refreshing glass of cold water, this no-petroleum derived product gives instant moisture to your pout for longer-lasting luscious lips. It even includes an active sunscreen ingredient for an SPF 15 and broad-spextrum sun protection.
Available at Beauty.com for $12.
EOS Lip Balm: The egg-shape structure may not be ideal for pocket storage, but the contents are well worth it. Allowing you to simultaneously apply to both top and bottom lips for a smooth finish, this lip balm comes in a variety of fruity flavors and a masculine mint.
Available at Walmart for $3.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal