Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary
Molly Sprayregen, 1 year ago 1 min read
Samantha + Charlene
Engagement Location: Calgary, Canada
Samantha and Charlene are both nurses who met while working at the same hospital. They quickly fell for one another and bonded while visiting breweries and playing basketball. So, they decided to celebrate their engagement with a basketball-themed photo shoot.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Nadine McKenney Photography
Jewelry: Alberta Diamond Exchange
Venue: Ol’ Beautiful Brewery
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
filed under: lgbtq+ love, lgbtq+ engagement, lgbtq+ proposal, canadian engagement session, calgary engagement session, basketball engagement session
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding