Celebrating polyamorous love with a styled photoshoot in the heart of London
A colorful styled photoshoot doubled as a celebration of love for Ky (they/them) and Rachel (she/her), who are polyamorous and queer. The outdoor photo session took place on the streets of London, organized by a photographer who works primarily with LGBTQ+ folks. United Kingdom–based photographer Steph Large (she/her), of Stephanie Dreams Photography, met the partners at an opportune moment, when she was intentionally starting to branch out in the types of relationships her photography focused on. “Showcasing all LGBTQ+ lovers is really important to me,” Steph says. “I knew I had to do better.”
Steph and the rest of the creative team chose Ky and Rachel for their shoot to represent polyamorous love and showcase people in the LGBTQ+ community for whom marriage may not personally be the right fit. For their photo session, the team started out in a London park. Rachel wore a white two-piece outfit featuring a bandeau-style crop top and mermaid-cut skirt with a miniature train, side slit and buttons. Ky wore black trousers and a matching button-down vest, along with rainbow socks and high-top sneakers. After the ceremony, the poly lovers wandered around London, taking pictures in front of the London Eye, colorful murals and an England staple, red double-decker buses.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding vendors.
Photographer: Stephanie Dreams Photography
Outfits: Dandelions and Pearls; ASOS
Celebrant: Michelle Taylor Celebrant
Hair and makeup: Flaming Bride
Florals: Nomad Flower Den
Rings: KLG Jewelry
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or loveshoot.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)