Chick-fil-A officially opposes marriage equality
It’s no secret to the majority of the public that the Atlanta-based fast food chain Chick-fil-A is against marriage equality. This fair assessment was due to the fact that the corporation has donated thousands to Marriage & Family Foundation, Family Research Council (both lead the opposition in the marriage equality battle), amongst other anti-gay groups.
When a Photoshopped image made its rounds on Facebook pages last week, announcing the corporation’s stance in satirical fashion, conservatives were quick to point out that it was wrong to make that judgment based on a liberal illustration. “How can something that is a forgery show any truth? Poisoned chalice!” exclaimed one now de-friended person on my page.
However, there is now, officially, no denying that the company is against marriage equality. The chief operating officer, Dan Cathy, told the Baptist Press when asked whether his company had an established position against marriage equality, “guilty as charged.”
He added, “We are very much supportive of the family—the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. … We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.”
The biblical definition also says that marriage is only valid if the wife is a virgin, and if she is not, she shall be executed, but I digress.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL