As you begin to plan your wedding accessories, boutonnieres may be on your list of must-have items. Not sure how to choose the perfect boutonniere? Pick one that expresses your personality and style. You’ll be wearing it all day so choose something (floral or not) that is special to you.
Not just flowers
Forget what you knew about the traditional floral boutonniere. These accessories can be made using other natural elements like leaves and acorns, or without any greenery at all such as with corks, ribbons or other craft material.
Incorporate your theme
Add your wedding theme into your boutonniere decision. Wedding have a specific color scheme? Choose flowers that match your color or are a complimenting accent color. Having a beach wedding? Add shells. Wearing a boutonniere to a winter-themed wedding? Add greenery or a small pinecone. Your boutonniere is a visual representation of your personal style.
Wear it anywhere
While traditionally worn in the lapel of a jacket, your boutonniere can be worn wherever you would like. Boutonnieres can be clipped to suspenders, pinned to a dress or you can opt for a prom-style corsage look and wear it on your wrist. Show it off where it feels most comfortable for you.
Honor loved ones
Whether you want a boutonniere made of flowers or not, your piece can be used to celebrate loved ones or honor late family members. Add in a special trinket that was passed down to you or a pin that belongs to someone special. Including something special in your boutonniere allows you to hold that person close to your heart during your wedding day.
Florists, online designers and even the floral department of your local grocery store can design a boutonniere for you. If you want to go DIY for your boutonniere, head to YouTube or Pinterest for boutonniere tutorials and tons of other great wedding inspiration.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
- LGBTQ+ weddings make weddings better—for everyone
- Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
- Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
- Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
- Vintage travel-inspired fall barn wedding in Mickleton, New Jersey
- Elegant garden wedding at historic mansion in Hudson, New York