Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
Linden and Liz wanted an intimate, tropical feel for their destination beach wedding in Makaha, Hawaii, which featured a birds of paradise cake. They traveled from Nashville, Tennessee, after a ten-month-long engagement and got married on October 6, 2019. Linden proposed to Liz first and a few weeks later, Liz proposed back. Their first dance was to “Blessed” by Thomas Rhett. Liz is a graphic designer and created the wedding invitations.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Take your time. Your wedding day will be here before you know it! Enjoy the engaged period and don’t stress about wedding day details too much. Everything will go the way it is meant to!
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be yourself and if you’re not welcomed for that, pick another company to send your money to.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We honestly were never treated any differently as an LGBTQ+ couple than I would imagine we would be if we were hetero. There was enough love involved that hate didn’t even think about sneaking its way in.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Yes, everyone was very excited for us and didn’t ask any of the, “How does this work since you’re not straight?” questions we expected!
Venue: Pristine Oceanfront Cottage, Makaha, Hawaii
Band: Abbey Cone
Invitations: Liz Butram
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca