Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
Linden and Liz wanted an intimate, tropical feel for their destination beach wedding in Makaha, Hawaii, which featured a birds of paradise cake. They traveled from Nashville, Tennessee, after a ten-month-long engagement and got married on October 6, 2019. Linden proposed to Liz first and a few weeks later, Liz proposed back. Their first dance was to “Blessed” by Thomas Rhett. Liz is a graphic designer and created the wedding invitations.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Take your time. Your wedding day will be here before you know it! Enjoy the engaged period and don’t stress about wedding day details too much. Everything will go the way it is meant to!
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be yourself and if you’re not welcomed for that, pick another company to send your money to.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We honestly were never treated any differently as an LGBTQ+ couple than I would imagine we would be if we were hetero. There was enough love involved that hate didn’t even think about sneaking its way in.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Yes, everyone was very excited for us and didn’t ask any of the, “How does this work since you’re not straight?” questions we expected!
Venue: Pristine Oceanfront Cottage, Makaha, Hawaii
Band: Abbey Cone
Invitations: Liz Butram
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain