Democratic Senator Landrieu is Personally For Marriage Equality, But Politically Against It
Democratic U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu just announced she will not support same-sex marriage — even though she says she personally has “evolved.” CNN’s Jim Acosta released this news via Twitter:
Landrieu: my views have evolved on this. But my state has a very strong const amendment against gay marriage & I think I have to honor that.
— Jim Acosta (@jimacostacnn) April 5, 2013
Currently, Landrieu is just one of four remaining Democratic Senators holding out support on marriage equality.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee