Dr. Seuss, the multi-talented author, political cartoonist, poet, animator, book publisher and artist, is known for teaching people the importance of being your true, authentic self. Life lessons are hidden among the whimsical words of Dr. Seuss, and some of the best known quotes from the author are perfect for including your wedding vows, on your wedding invitations and on favors for your guests.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
Marriage is about spending the rest of your life with someone you can be yourself with. When you and your spouse love each other you love everything about them, including their quirks.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep, because your reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Marrying the love of your life is a dream come true, making the idea of spending every day with your best friend a reality.
“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!”
The perfect quote to honor your future life together during your vows or to send you off on your honeymoon at the end of your reception.
“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
Your wedding day might be the best day of your life, but it’s just the beginning of many more days of marriage and the rest of your happy life together. Don’t look at your wedding day as a happy party with friends and family that may never be replicated again, but instead look at it as one happy day kicking off even more happy days to come.
“If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”
Marriage comes with ups and down, but letting the downs keep you down doesn’t do you or your spouse any good. When life gets tough remember Dr. Seuss’ words and just keep moving. Don’t worry and don’t stew.
“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
No matter what, never forget that you mean the world to your partner and they mean the world to you.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal