By Alyssandra Barne
Centerpieces for the wedding reception can quickly become expensive, especially if the wedding is so big it will even involve the neighbor’s family. For a dash of vintage elegance without blowing your budget, consider these DIY doily lanterns. The beautiful lights, which look spectacular against the patterned lace, would match practically any venue and wedding color scheme. These lanterns are super easy and fun to make; just grab your fiancée or maid of honor and spend an afternoon hanging out while crafting. Don’t be afraid to get creative and add a bit of color or pattern to the doilies for an extra personal touch.
Balloons or other plastic orbs
Flameless LED tea lights
Full directions can be found on Glamour and Grace blog. The site suggests these gems not only as table centerpieces, but also as bridesmaid bouquets or foliage accessories. Before buying the doilies though, make sure to rummage through Grandma’s linen closet; if she has extras, you might only need to purchase one or two supplies. Can we say perfect?
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
- Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
- 5 products that will help you hide an engagement ring before proposing
- Modern industrial wedding ideas with blue, green and purple focus
- Enchanting Poconos wedding surrounded by lush greenery and waterfalls
- Autumn engagement session in Texas with joyful lake photos