Nail Trends: 4 Sensational Summer Shades (and One for the Guys!)
By Kathleen Furey
Summertime is a great time to break out the bright nail colors. But bright nails make me think of someone from Jersey Shore—I don’t want to look like a fist-pumping party girl on my wedding day! you’re probably thinking. Relax, we’re not encouraging extra long hot pink zebra print fingernails here. And bright doesn’t necessarily mean neon, either—here are five shades that will bring a nice pop to your wedding attire.
Red is fantastic as it’s one of the few colors that works year-round. For summer, go with a fun candy apple hue like the timeless Revlon Red by Revlon, available at nationwide for $4.99.
With a hint of shimmer, white goes from sixth grade “I got bored in science class” Wite-Out manicure to elegant wedding option. Try My Boyfriend Scales Walls by OPI, available at beautystoredepot.com for $8.50.
Teal is a wonderful option for a beachside ceremony, adding a mermaid vibe to your wedding attire. We recommend Slapper by Butter London, available at Nordstrom for $14.
Green is always a popular summer shade, conjuring up images of fun summer cocktails like margaritas and mojitos, which inspired Essie’s limited edition Mojito Madness nail color, available at Macy’s for $8.
Guys, this one’s for you. Although Evolutionman’s Indashio is not bright in a traditional sense, a burst of gold flecks in this gorgeous black will make you feel bright on your big day! Available at evolution-man.com for $15.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding