Eric and Nick planned an entire day for their engagement shoot, starting with coffee at their favorite cafe and ending with an impromtu piano serenade at sunset! The whole day was absolutely magical.
From Sara, their photographer:
Eric and Nick’s engagement session was probably the most memorable experiences of my career. They told me they love to start their day together with a a great cup of coffee so I had my heart set on starting our session at a favorite local coffee shop. After much effort, and a visit to the shop the day before, I somehow managed to get the owner on the phone on his day off and sweet talked him into changing his steadfast rule of not allowing photographers to shoot there. I got there early to secure the window seat in the packed coffee shop and just before Nick and Eric arrived the couple that was sitting there left. Victory was mine! The barista added some hearts to their pumpkin lattes which was such a nice touch. We wanted to include the city in the photos so I suggested we head over to Prospect Terrace park to finish our session. I was not prepared for the treat that was waiting for us when we arrived. There in the park was a gentleman who had somehow transported a piano to the park and serenaded us during our shoot. As a music lover, It was truly a magical experience to have a soundtrack to their session. It felt like Nick and Eric were in the closing credits of their very movie.
Photos: Sara Smile Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married