You’ve got the venue, the flowers, the food—now there’s just one last finishing touch: your shoes. Some say clothes make the (wo)man, but we say it’s all about the footwear. Choose a pair that fits in with your location and theme, and you’ll be happy you topped off your outfit with shoes that were made for walking … down the aisle!
Maybe your wedding is going retro with a Mad Men spin or maybe it’s casual and you’re wearing a button-down with crisp jeans. Either way, these throwbacks are sure to put that lovin’ feelin’ in your step.
A wedding on the beach appeals to many couples because of the sun, sea and sand. But you’ll likely still need a pair of shoes on those bare feet. These picks are light and stylish, and will work whether you’re dressing casually or in a lightweight suit.
Pine Point Slide available on sale for $99.95 (originally $148) at Cole Haan; Gucci Karel Leather Sandal available for $435 at Saks Fifth Avenue; OluKai Mea Ola Flip-Flop available for $120 at Nordstrom.
If your wedding is held outdoors or in a barn-style setting, boots are a great way to top off your look and get in the mood of your surroundings. Dressy with a little shine, or rustic with lace-up details, these boots will have you swingin’ your partner around.
(Left to right)
To Boot New York Lawrence Lace-Up Boot available for $398 at Saks Fifth Avenue; Frye Boots Oliver Zip available for $198 at Macy’s; Paul Smith Salinger Chelsea Spectator Boot available for $485 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
At an upscale venue or a classy resort, the only way to go is with a wing tip, loafer or polished boot. Minimalistic and timeless, these shoes will give you that extra air of debonair.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married