You’ve got the venue, the flowers, the food—now there’s just one last finishing touch: your shoes. Some say clothes make the (wo)man, but we say it’s all about the footwear. Choose a pair that fits in with your location and theme, and you’ll be happy you topped off your outfit with shoes that were made for walking … down the aisle!
Maybe your wedding is going retro with a Mad Men spin or maybe it’s casual and you’re wearing a button-down with crisp jeans. Either way, these throwbacks are sure to put that lovin’ feelin’ in your step.
A wedding on the beach appeals to many couples because of the sun, sea and sand. But you’ll likely still need a pair of shoes on those bare feet. These picks are light and stylish, and will work whether you’re dressing casually or in a lightweight suit.
Pine Point Slide available on sale for $99.95 (originally $148) at Cole Haan; Gucci Karel Leather Sandal available for $435 at Saks Fifth Avenue; OluKai Mea Ola Flip-Flop available for $120 at Nordstrom.
If your wedding is held outdoors or in a barn-style setting, boots are a great way to top off your look and get in the mood of your surroundings. Dressy with a little shine, or rustic with lace-up details, these boots will have you swingin’ your partner around.
(Left to right)
To Boot New York Lawrence Lace-Up Boot available for $398 at Saks Fifth Avenue; Frye Boots Oliver Zip available for $198 at Macy’s; Paul Smith Salinger Chelsea Spectator Boot available for $485 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
At an upscale venue or a classy resort, the only way to go is with a wing tip, loafer or polished boot. Minimalistic and timeless, these shoes will give you that extra air of debonair.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle