Gay Marriage in Hawaii, Alabama Gay Weddings, and Huckabee Makes Creepy Comments About Trans Kids
There’s so much news on marriage equality, gay weddings, gay parents, equality in general, trans weddings, lesbian weddings, that our editors’ eyes are bugging out a la Roger Rabbit. It’s awesome (though we do question some hetero media outlets’ true intentions to celebrate equality or just make a buck off our niche industry). In any event, here’s what’s what:
ALABAMA: A retired United Methodist bishop from Tennessee said Monday that he will perform a wedding service for two men in Alabama despite opposition from the presiding bishop, who says the ceremony will violate church law. Article here.
CALIFORNIA: Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee shockingly opposes the California trans student law, makes pervy sexual comments about transgender children pretending to be trans for the sake of showering with the opposite gender. Read here.
HAWAII: Rep. K. Mark Takai (D-Aiea) penned an open letter stating that he has done much soul searching and evolved to his new stance of supporting the rights of gays and lesbians to marry. Read it here.
MARYLAND: Adoption for same-sex couples is becoming a stronger reality. It used to be a gamble on what judge you’d get, but now it might be a state-wide supported movement. Read about that joy here.
MORMONS FOR EQUALITY: Can Mormons justify supporting civil marriage equality? Mormons for Equality say yes! Read their blog post here.
NORTH CAROLINA: Attorney General Roy Cooper said this weekend, “I support marriage equality.” Of course, the conservatives are scrambling. Article here.
VANATU: Because Vanatu, an island nation located in the South Pacific Ocean, is declared as a Christian country, its Minister for Internal Affairs has issued a severe warning to anyone of a harsh penalty if they feel inclined to act like Jesus and love thy neighbor by officiating a same-sex wedding. OK, so maybe he said it a little differently. You can read about that here.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way