Gay Marriage in Hawaii, Alabama Gay Weddings, and Huckabee Makes Creepy Comments About Trans Kids
There’s so much news on marriage equality, gay weddings, gay parents, equality in general, trans weddings, lesbian weddings, that our editors’ eyes are bugging out a la Roger Rabbit. It’s awesome (though we do question some hetero media outlets’ true intentions to celebrate equality or just make a buck off our niche industry). In any event, here’s what’s what:
ALABAMA: A retired United Methodist bishop from Tennessee said Monday that he will perform a wedding service for two men in Alabama despite opposition from the presiding bishop, who says the ceremony will violate church law. Article here.
CALIFORNIA: Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee shockingly opposes the California trans student law, makes pervy sexual comments about transgender children pretending to be trans for the sake of showering with the opposite gender. Read here.
HAWAII: Rep. K. Mark Takai (D-Aiea) penned an open letter stating that he has done much soul searching and evolved to his new stance of supporting the rights of gays and lesbians to marry. Read it here.
MARYLAND: Adoption for same-sex couples is becoming a stronger reality. It used to be a gamble on what judge you’d get, but now it might be a state-wide supported movement. Read about that joy here.
MORMONS FOR EQUALITY: Can Mormons justify supporting civil marriage equality? Mormons for Equality say yes! Read their blog post here.
NORTH CAROLINA: Attorney General Roy Cooper said this weekend, “I support marriage equality.” Of course, the conservatives are scrambling. Article here.
VANATU: Because Vanatu, an island nation located in the South Pacific Ocean, is declared as a Christian country, its Minister for Internal Affairs has issued a severe warning to anyone of a harsh penalty if they feel inclined to act like Jesus and love thy neighbor by officiating a same-sex wedding. OK, so maybe he said it a little differently. You can read about that here.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee