Aaron and Andrew’s LGBTQ+ Washington, D.C., wedding at the Capital Turnaround
Like so many marriers in 2020, Aaron and Andrew had to have an intimate wedding ceremony with only their closest family. In October 2020, they gathered together in a park-like setting and exchanged vows under a beautiful chuppah. But… the fun was yet to come! They planned to host the party of their dreams in October 2021 for their first wedding anniversary. And that they did.
Their 2021 wedding reception was a celebration for the books. They incorporated a gorgeous peacock-themed color palette full of vibrant florals and lighting for their warehouse reception at the Capital Turnaround in Washington, DC. They hand-crafted table cards for each individual guest, including a hand-written note expressing their appreciation to every guest in attendance. And when it came to wedding celebration attire, they did not disappoint. Aaron wore a gorgeous white wedding cape and Andrew a beautiful sequined black jacket.
This wedding bash brought friends and family together to celebrate, drink and dance and to shower Aaron and Andrew with love from start to finish.
Check out photos from both Aaron and Andrew’s intimate wedding in 2020 and then photos from their wedding bash for their first wedding anniversary in 2021 below.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Neva Sullivan Photography
Lighting: Electric Events DC
Equipment Rentals: Select Event Group
Caterer: Catering By Seasons
DJ: DJ Angie D
Makeup Artist: Ebonie Jones Artistry
Floral Designer: The Sweet Blossoms
Event Venue: Capital Turnaround
Event Planner: Emily Jordan Events
Custom Cape: Edward Sylvia
Equally Wed Editors
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights