Here’s why we’re adding Barbie to our holiday shopping lists
Barbie, the toy that goes back and forth in the eyes of consumers everywhere. On one hand, Barbie can do anything, she’s held every job under the sun it seems. On the other hand, she can set some unrealistic body image standards. Right now though, Barbie’s using her power for good, teaming up with Los Angeles-based clothing line Two Songs to share the message that “Love Wins.”
Over on the verified Instagram account from Mattel, @BarbieStyle, Barbie was pictured wearing a white “Love Wins” t-shirt, hanging out around town with her friend, Aimee. The custom doll was created to look like Aimee Song, creator of the fashion and interior design blog Song of Style.
“I still can’t believe I got to partner with #Barbie as a brand that also celebrates diversity, kindness and acceptance,” Song shared on her Instagram.
I’m beyond thrilled to have my own @Barbie doll and to wear my #LoveWins t-shirt from @ShopTwoSongs. I still can’t believe I got to partner with #Barbie as a brand that also celebrates diversity, kindness and acceptance. Because of the tremendous support, we’re bringing back this popular shirt with a very limited quantity so get yours before they’re gone forever!! 50% of all proceeds of this shirt will go directly to The Trevor Project that’s committed to helping the LGBTQ community that faces hate and discrimination. www.twosongs.com
A post shared by Aimee Song (@songofstyle) on
In honor of the support Song received from Mattel and the buzz around her Love Wins design, the t-shirt was re-released on the online store Two Songs. Fifty percent of the proceeds are donated to the Trevor Project.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot