How to Recreate Adele’s Louboutin-Inspired Grammy Manicure
By Brittny Drye
Inspired by the iconic red soles that peep out from Christian Louboutin’s signature style footwear, Adele’s manicure at the Grammys featured a two-tone effect that is sure to become a trend. The British beauty coated the top with a glittery steel blue and the underside featured a rich crimson, specifically Ciaté Paint Pot in Jewel and Mistress, which will be available at Sephora in March. While her mani may flawlessly match her stilettos, we love the idea of brides incorporating this idea with their wedding colors.
The experts at Nailtini gave us the scoop on how to recreate this fashion forward look:
- Trying to paint the underside of your natural nail might be difficult and too messy to work with, even for skilled professionals. Use artificial nails or tips instead. Trim or file your natural nail down so it can’t be seen over the tip of your finger. Size artificial nails to all 10 fingers and set aside.
- Paint the underside of each nail/tip with two coats of your first selected nail color (they recommend the classic red Nailtini Bloody Mary for the Louboutin look) and allow the polish to dry completely.
- Apply 1-2 drops of nail glue to artificial nail and press onto nail bed holding in place until it sets. Repeat for all nails. Be careful not to use too much—you don’t want it seeping out the sides.
- Paint tops of nails with your choice of lacquer. To mimic Adele’s Louboutin nail, embellish with rhinestones or a glitter topcoat like Nailtini Sparkler.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day