Intimate destination wedding: Waimanalo, Hawaii
Angel and Belinda’s intimate destination wedding: Waimanalo, Hawaii
After a long time of being friends, Angel and Belinda realized that they shared more than friendship. Indeed, they shared a deep love for one another. In January 2015, after being together for several years, Angel and Belinda had gone to look at rings sometime before Christmas. Angel was expecting that a proposal was imminent but she just didn’t know when.
At the end of January, our friends Tony and Tiffany held a small housewarming party. Belinda had already purchased my ring and was trying to decide when to ask me. When she found out about the party, she arranged with my friend to propose there. It had been a busy week at work for me and all of my coworker friends seemed extra grumpy. No one wanted to talk to me and they all kept avoiding me. Little did I know, they already knew about the proposal and were too afraid to talk to me because they were afraid they’d spoil the surprise. Needless to say, I wasn’t enthusiastic about going to the party at that point. I even almost canceled, but Belinda talked me into going after all. I’m so glad she did! About 10 of our friends were gathered around the table talking, when Belinda unexpectedly dropped to one knee next to me. I was oblivious until I saw my friends Whitney and Brad start crying. She completely took me by surprise, so I’m not even sure I actually said yes. It was such a special, intimate occasion surrounded by people we love- exactly what I wanted.
From the photographer:
Belinda always wanted a beach wedding somewhere tropical so Angel set out on a mission to find the most beautiful beach she could in Hawaii (Which was hard as all of the beaches are beautiful!). After searching for some time she found Waimanalo and instantly knew it was the place where they should get married. They wanted a casual island wedding that incorporated the beauty of the island’s traditions and honored the people there. They wanted it to be intimate and to to showcase their personalities. A great balance of relaxation and adventure encompassed their Hawaiian wedding/honeymoon and they will forever be tied to Waimanalo beach and the lovely people they met there.
My husband and I were the only two guests at their wedding. While I photographed their wedding, my husband live streamed it for them live on Facebook so that their friends and family could experience their wedding with them. It was truly magical and one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever witnessed.
Photography: The Argus Image
Florist: A Rainbow in Paradise
Officiant, Coordinator: Kalona Ortiz
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples