Palette inspiration: Mint and white outdoor Florida wedding
Joey and Nick’s mint and white outdoor Florida wedding incorporates a palette of spring colors, candles, white pearls and silver Chiavari chairs. The handsome couple started planning their wedding soon after marriage equality was available in Florida. Congrats on your marriage, gentlemen! Read more about this special day below the photos.
From the photographer:
Joey and Nick were the sweetest couple. The came to us through a recommendation from the coordinator at Southern Hills Plantation Club, their wedding venue. They began planning their wedding just weeks after same-sex marriage was legalized in Florida. This was an honor for us, as photographers, to have these amazing guys chose us to document their special day. Their wedding was also the venue’s very first same-sex wedding, so it was exciting for everyone involved. Joey was set with planning from the get-go…he was super into all of details, planning their colors scheme, dresses and suits for the wedding party, flowers, wedding album, and entertainment for the wedding.
When the big day came, Joey and Nick had taken on much of the decorating tasks themselves, so they were present at the venue early on setting the table decor, placing the floral arrangements, and setting up the ceremony arch and alter area. We met them there for their first look session on the great lawn of the clubhouse overlooking the gorgeous Pete Dye Golf Course, they were as handsome as they are sweet! These guys were both so excited, they were beaming with joy. Soon after, guests began arriving, both Nick and Joey were escorted by their mothers to the altar, where they joined their wedding party, and exchanged vows.
The ceremony was beautiful, filled with love and happiness. The entertainment-filled reception was a blast, from awesome DJ who got the party started, and the amazingly talented drag queen performers who sang and danced for the crowd…this was a standing room only event, everyone was on the dance floor for this wedding. Nick and Joey both had very emotional moments dancing with their mothers, it was very sweet. With all of the work they both put into this wedding, we have to say, it was one of the most loving, upbeat, and entertaining weddings we’ve had the pleasure of photographing.
Photographer: Napoleoni Photography LLC
Dress Store: David’s Bridal
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Mens Wearhouse
Hair Stylist: Vanity Box Salon
DJ: Yahoo Entertainment
Cake Designer: Cupcake Heaven
Floral Designer: Sherwood Florist
Event Venue: Southern Hills Plantation Club
Caterer: Southern Hills Plantation Club
Submitted via Two Bright Lights
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot