Intimate forest wedding brings South Asian interfaith traditions to Ontario
Navreet and Ketussa celebrated their fall wedding with an intimate and whimsical forest gathering that took place at Whispering Springs in Grafton, Ontario. The couple tied the knot in the Forest Chapel while being showered in warmth and love from their family and friends’ blessings.
The natural light set the stage beautifully for the warm tones that adorned their interfaith wedding, with red, gold, and orange accents pulling from their Hindu and Sikh backgrounds. This romantic celebration brought both Navreet and Ketussa’s family traditions to the forefront, while modern elements like a cozy camper van and wooden swing highlighted the couple’s contemporary flair.
A simple yet elegant wedding cake and arches of white flowers tied the ceremony and reception together, keeping in tune with the natural beauty of the woods where their vows were exchanged. Family members delighted in the delicate scent of roses as they showered the couple with love and flower petals.
The evening concluded with lots of dancing for the whole party and outfit changes for the newlyweds. Navreet traded a traditional red lehenga for tan and gold, and Ketussa, who wore a gold sari for the ceremony, donned a suit matching the colors of Navreet’s tan and gold lehenga, with bold orange stripes that made for some spectacular photos both on and off the dance floor.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Banga Studios
Event Venue: Whispering Springs Wilderness Retreat
Henna: Henna by Nusrat
Makeup Artist: Muavee Makeup Studio; Glam by Siv
Apparel: Frontier Heritage
DJ: DJ Kow
Cinema and Video: bliNC
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line