Jesse Tyler Ferguson Engaged to Justin Mikita [VIDEO]
We are deliriously happy to learn that Jesse Tyler Ferguson, one of our favorite actors here at Equally Wed HQ, has popped the question to lawyer boyfriend Justin Mikita.
(And yes, we’re mending a few broken hearts, as well.)
The Modern Family star made the announcement in an adorable video (of course) posted to TieTheKnot.org while talking about his recent collaboration with Tie Bar, with proceeds going toward marriage equality advocacy groups.
“It’s a labor of love that I’ve created with my fiancé Justin Mikita—whaaaat!” JTF exclaims. “It’s true, I popped the big Q!”
“And I said, ‘Yes!’” Mikita says, sitting down next to his love.
Ferguson, 36, and Mikita, 27, have been dating for nearly two years. “The definition of marriage cannot be disputed. It’s right there in black and white, and it’s been the same since the start of Wikipedia,” Ferguson joked in the Tie the Knot video. “We want our interpersonal relationship to be acknowledged in a union formalized by a wedding ceremony. But we’re just like millions of Americans who are denied the basic civil rights to marry the person that we love.”
Watch the full video here:
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee