Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
Unique and I met originally through Facebook due to mutual friends. Ironically, we ended up in the right place at the right time and bumped into one another at a mutual friend’s party. From there, two-and-a-half years later, Unique was studying for his third master’s at Long Island University while I was living in Chicago, Illinois, working in my career in HR (at the time) in an apartment next to Lake Michigan.
The most adorable thing Unique would do each week was when Unique sent me a new postcard highlighting different great famous British Queens. We both love the Victorian era. One weekend in September when I was visiting, he brought me to his favorite diner where then I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. I had to be tragic and wanted it to be special, so I dropped my fork on the ground on his side and asked could he pick it up.
Once he picked up and came out from under the table, there I was on one knee asking for his hand in marriage. To this day, that’s our favorite place to go to and a place we will never forget. As cliché as it sounds, I’m not only marrying the man of my dreams and the love of my life but my best friend. —from Joshua, one half of the couple
Photographer: Lotus Wedding Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico