Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
Unique and I met originally through Facebook due to mutual friends. Ironically, we ended up in the right place at the right time and bumped into one another at a mutual friend’s party. From there, two-and-a-half years later, Unique was studying for his third master’s at Long Island University while I was living in Chicago, Illinois, working in my career in HR (at the time) in an apartment next to Lake Michigan.
The most adorable thing Unique would do each week was when Unique sent me a new postcard highlighting different great famous British Queens. We both love the Victorian era. One weekend in September when I was visiting, he brought me to his favorite diner where then I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. I had to be tragic and wanted it to be special, so I dropped my fork on the ground on his side and asked could he pick it up.
Once he picked up and came out from under the table, there I was on one knee asking for his hand in marriage. To this day, that’s our favorite place to go to and a place we will never forget. As cliché as it sounds, I’m not only marrying the man of my dreams and the love of my life but my best friend. —from Joshua, one half of the couple
Photographer: Lotus Wedding Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- A historic vote could legalize same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland
- Intimate spring beach elopement in Naples, Florida