The fashion blogs are buzzing this morning about Katy Perry’s feminine frock from Elie Saab that she wore to Sunday night’s Grammy Awards, held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The pop princess’s straight-off-the-runway dress was a highlight in Elie Saab’s Spring/Summer 2012 Haute Couture collection, which featured a spectrum of pale pastels. The light blue three-quarter-sleeved embellished floral applique gown featured a scoop back and cinched-in waist accented with a simple ribbon. Her bright blue locks were styled in a funky updo, and her face looked innocently fresh with perfection pink lips.
She paired the icy dress with Norman Silverman diamond ascher cut drop earrings ($1.6 million) and bracelet ($350,ooo).
We’ve seen a ton of bridal gown designers opt for mint candy-colored hues for their weddings gowns instead of the traditional white. Below, the Elie Saab runway gown with Vera Wang’s Harper mermaid bridal gown from Spring/Summer 2012 collection and Romona Keveza’s frothy RK263 style from the Fall 2012 collection.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line