Travel the world and live like a gay local wherever you go
Looking to travel to a gay-friendly location for your honeymoon or bach party, but don’t know where to go or the best hot spots to check out? Cue misterb&b, the temporary rental company whose mission is to help gay men find a place to stay during their next trip. The idea behind misterb&b is simple. Gay men rent temporary housing from other gay men, sharing local hot spots and travel tips with one another.
“misterb&b helps connect the global gay community by enabling gay men to earn money from their spare space and affordably travel the world feeling welcome anywhere they go,” shares the company website.
“We bring gay men together in real life experiences We organize meet ups in cities around the world. A great opportunity to meet hosts and travelers. Join us for a drink and networking and connect with the global gay community!”
The idea was inspired by a homophobic experience Matthieu, the co-founder and CEO of misterb&b, had while staying in a shared apartment during a trip to Barcelona. He and his partner received derogatory commentary from their host when she found out that the couple would be sharing a bed in her home.
misterb&B currently has 130,000 listings available in 135 countries, meaning you can find a place to stay all over the world and live like a gay local wherever you go. Heading to the 2018 Gay Games? misterbnb is the official sponsor, helping all gay attendees find a place to stay. Bookings can be made through misterbnb.com or by downloading the app.
CNN has named misterb&b the “gay travel revolution.” Travel the world and make new friends wherever you go.
Just for the record, misterb&b is not affiliated, endorsed or otherwise associated with Airbnb.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot