Men wearing wedding gowns: the next trend in gay weddings?
We’ve been writing about gay and lesbian weddings at Equally Wed Magazine for more than three years, but we have yet to see a man in a wedding dress. It’s not that it hasn’t been done for fun at a Pride festival or a drag show, but on an elevated level, we’ve been seeking to illustrate how gorgeous a man can look in a wedding gown. James, a professional model at Let’s Pose Studios in Cornwall, England, had a similar dream.
“This shoot was something I wanted to do for some time as I’ve always dreamed of my own perfect wedding,” says James. “Wearing a stunning white dress like this also gave me an idea of how special it can make you feel once the makeup and hair is complete. If I choose to wear a dress on my own day, it would have to be a high-end one by my favorite designer Vera Wang.”
What do you think, guy readers? Would you opt for a wedding gown on your wedding day? Butch lesbians certainly wear suits deliciously well, and I think James does a marvelous job of rocking a frock. –Kirsten Ott Palladino
Photos by Neil Hartley
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH