Men wearing wedding gowns: the next trend in gay weddings?
We’ve been writing about gay and lesbian weddings at Equally Wed Magazine for more than three years, but we have yet to see a man in a wedding dress. It’s not that it hasn’t been done for fun at a Pride festival or a drag show, but on an elevated level, we’ve been seeking to illustrate how gorgeous a man can look in a wedding gown. James, a professional model at Let’s Pose Studios in Cornwall, England, had a similar dream.
“This shoot was something I wanted to do for some time as I’ve always dreamed of my own perfect wedding,” says James. “Wearing a stunning white dress like this also gave me an idea of how special it can make you feel once the makeup and hair is complete. If I choose to wear a dress on my own day, it would have to be a high-end one by my favorite designer Vera Wang.”
What do you think, guy readers? Would you opt for a wedding gown on your wedding day? Butch lesbians certainly wear suits deliciously well, and I think James does a marvelous job of rocking a frock. –Kirsten Ott Palladino
Photos by Neil Hartley
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing