[dropcap letter=”D”]esigner and American Dream Builders host and author Nate Berkus, 42, married his partner, designer and TV personality Jeremiah Brent, 29, at the New York Public Library Saturday, May 3, 2014, in front of 220 guests, including Oprah Winfrey (see her sweet Tweet below), Rachael Ray and Busy Philips. The president of OWN, Sheri Salata, officiated the nuptials.
Berkus donned a J.Crew suit, and Brent wore Saint Laurent; the grooms exchanged identical gold bands from Van Cleef & Arpels.
The handsome lovebirds, who got engaged in Peru in April 2013, are the first same-sex couple to hold their wedding at the iconic New York landmark. They’re also the first gay couple to star in an ad campaign from Banana Republic clothing, which launched recently and is running in a variety of national publications.
Berkus reportedly had the wedding decorated with linens from his Target collection, and we know that their celebrity wedding planner Marcy Blum headed up the fabulous fete. With the way the duo designers decorated their friend’s apartment in Manhattan (as seen in this Domino Magazine spread), we’re pretty sure their wedding reception was astonishing. And, of course, it moved Oprah to the point of sharing it with the internets.
— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) May 4, 2014
All others: Courtesy of Banana Republic
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding