[dropcap letter=”D”]esigner and American Dream Builders host and author Nate Berkus, 42, married his partner, designer and TV personality Jeremiah Brent, 29, at the New York Public Library Saturday, May 3, 2014, in front of 220 guests, including Oprah Winfrey (see her sweet Tweet below), Rachael Ray and Busy Philips. The president of OWN, Sheri Salata, officiated the nuptials.
Berkus donned a J.Crew suit, and Brent wore Saint Laurent; the grooms exchanged identical gold bands from Van Cleef & Arpels.
The handsome lovebirds, who got engaged in Peru in April 2013, are the first same-sex couple to hold their wedding at the iconic New York landmark. They’re also the first gay couple to star in an ad campaign from Banana Republic clothing, which launched recently and is running in a variety of national publications.
Berkus reportedly had the wedding decorated with linens from his Target collection, and we know that their celebrity wedding planner Marcy Blum headed up the fabulous fete. With the way the duo designers decorated their friend’s apartment in Manhattan (as seen in this Domino Magazine spread), we’re pretty sure their wedding reception was astonishing. And, of course, it moved Oprah to the point of sharing it with the internets.
— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) May 4, 2014
All others: Courtesy of Banana Republic
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL