Sara Bareilles Helps Lucky Lesbian Propose to Her Girlfriend
The singing storyteller sensation Sara Bareilles made the most meaningful music video for her song “I Choose You,” which expertly captures the magic of couples becoming engaged.
The singing storyteller sensation Sara Bareilles made the most meaningful music video for her song “I Choose You,” which expertly captures the magic of three couples becoming engaged.
Bareilles takes viewers through the steps of introducing three lucky fans who are planning on proposing to their partners, and to our delighted surprise, she includes a lesbian couple, Andrea Guarnieri and Aly Malm. Amazingly, Bareilles shows up at all three proposals (the soon-to-be betrothed) are blindfolded) and sings for the crowd. Aly’s story of proposing to Andrea with illustrations and fun sayings, in front of their family and friends at the Lowry Beer Garden in Denver, Colo., had us wiping away happy tears.
“It’s all pretty crazy and amazing!,” says Andrea of her and Aly’s April 9 engagement. “We are actually looking at wedding venues tomorrow to begin our search.”
We’ll be following Aly and Andrea’s wedding-planning story and hoping for another Bareilles performance at the women’s wedding. Watch the full video below and weep happy tears of love, friends. Enjoy!
Video and Bareilles photo: Courtesy Sara Bareilles; Andrea and Aly selfie with Sara Bareillis shared with written permission from Andrea Guarnieri.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding