Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka’s Wedding Plans
By Steve Cusumano
New York has become ground zero for same-sex wedding bliss since the state passed the Marriage Equality Act on June 24 of this year. While How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris has continued to deny reports the he and fiancee David Burtka are in the final stages of planning their own New York nuptials, we can’t help but wonder what a Harris-Burtka wedding would entail.
The wedding details floating around seem as fantastically dramatic as one could hope for. Billed by the National Enquirer as a “glitzy, theatrical wedding—on Broadway!,” Harris reportedly “wants to say his ‘I do’s’ on the stage,” The couple reportedly “wants to make the ceremony as glitzy as possible,” with a guest list including “all his showbiz pals,” from Ellen DeGeneres and Jane Lynch to fellow new dads Elton John and David Furnish. Recently Elton John and his hubby were seen hosting Neil Patrick Harris and family aboard a yacht in the south of France and we could only imagine the party planning advice Elton may have had for the pair.
While we pray to Judy Garland this wedding is as fabulous as the rumored plans, Harris has continued to deny an impeding marriage entirely, telling Watch What Happens Live host Andy Cohen “we’re certainly not planning a wedding.”
Is Neil Patrick Harris sporting his poker face or are wedding plans really on ice for the moment? It seems only time will tell.
Read more about gay celebrity weddings.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Intimate elopement in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah, with a handfasting ceremony
- Matty Maggiacomo and Evan Feeley’s proposal video made us ugly cry
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration
- Bright orange, yellow and pink pop as spring wedding colors