New Poll Proves National Majority Support Same-Sex Marriage
As an increasing amount of states are signing same-sex marriage into law and we await the Supreme Court’s decisions on two gay marriage-based decisions, the support for marriage equality is at an all-time high.
A poll conducted by the Washington Post and ABC News found that 58 percent of Americans believe gays and lesbians should be able to legally marry with 36 percent disagreeing, a complete flip-flop of what it was a decade ago—in 2003, 37 percent favored and 55 percent opposed.
The poll also shows that our biggest allies fall into the 18-29 age range with 81 percent favoring equality while 50 percent of senior citizens continue to oppose it. It also broke it down by political party: Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
The Washington Post-ABC News poll surveyed a random national sampling of 1,001 adults on March 7-10.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- “Dads” is a new book celebrating gay fatherhood
- How to reduce wedding-planning stress
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings