Not Just An Afterthought: A. Jaffe’s Masculine Engagement Rings
By Jonathan Bender
“Marry me already or I’m out,” sounds a bit sitcom-y, but for my mother it was time. After meeting on a blind date back in the 70’s, she was finally tired of waiting. Not much of a bling-queen, she required something a bit more useful than a diamond: a bedroom set. “Well, we do have to sleep at night … don’t we?” I always dug her rationale, as I’m not really one for jewelry either, but I’m finding that wearing my heart on my designer sleeves has my mind in a tizzy over engagement rings. Sure, I’m happily single but a boy can dream of ivory and diamonds! Ok, maybe not ivory, but I digress. Recently, with “Glee” raising the bar (with YouTube flash-mob inspiration, no doubt), I’m finding my sappier side unleashing into the world of matrimony.
The masculine engagement ring isn’t “just an afterthought anymore,” as A. JAFFE designer Laura Moynahan tells us. “They want a ring that is carefully, thoughtfully designed and more than just a basic wedding band.” She’s right. Something as complex as marriage, it’s many layers does require thought, precision and an effortless appearance. Where I may lie between Moynahan and my mother, I’m a firm believer of “it’s the thought that counts.” If that thought just so happens to come with a flash-mob and a ring, who am I to oblige?
Three of my favorites in A. JAFFE’s collection:
A chic, fashion forward look (style #BB0111BD) with the black diamonds, this ring revels in it’s simplicity.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal