Washington State Marriage Equality Gains More GOP Support
By Jason Carson Wilson
Marriage equality in Washington has gained more Republican support. Washington state Rep. Glenn Anderson joins fellow state Rep. Maureen Walsh as well as state Sens. Steve Litzow and Cheryl Pflug. Walsh is House Bill 2516’s lead co-sponsor. Litzow and Pflug signed onto Senate bill 6239, Pam’s House Blend reports.
Anderson’s support is nearly symbolic. More than half of Washington’s House of Representatives co-sponsor House Bill 2516. The move could, obviously, hurt him politically. Anderson plans to run for lieutenant governor.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next