Washington State Marriage Equality Gains More GOP Support
By Jason Carson Wilson
Marriage equality in Washington has gained more Republican support. Washington state Rep. Glenn Anderson joins fellow state Rep. Maureen Walsh as well as state Sens. Steve Litzow and Cheryl Pflug. Walsh is House Bill 2516’s lead co-sponsor. Litzow and Pflug signed onto Senate bill 6239, Pam’s House Blend reports.
Anderson’s support is nearly symbolic. More than half of Washington’s House of Representatives co-sponsor House Bill 2516. The move could, obviously, hurt him politically. Anderson plans to run for lieutenant governor.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida