Washington State Marriage Equality Gains More GOP Support
By Jason Carson Wilson
Marriage equality in Washington has gained more Republican support. Washington state Rep. Glenn Anderson joins fellow state Rep. Maureen Walsh as well as state Sens. Steve Litzow and Cheryl Pflug. Walsh is House Bill 2516’s lead co-sponsor. Litzow and Pflug signed onto Senate bill 6239, Pam’s House Blend reports.
Anderson’s support is nearly symbolic. More than half of Washington’s House of Representatives co-sponsor House Bill 2516. The move could, obviously, hurt him politically. Anderson plans to run for lieutenant governor.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot