PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
In celebration of LGBTQ+ History Month, PFLAG National and OREO are building on the #ProudParent platform by debuting a new film, titled Proud Parent, and releasing first-of-their-kind Limited Edition #ProudParent OREO Rainbow Cookies to reward acts of allyship for the LGBTQ+ community.
In Proud Parent, the real-life couple, Jen and Amy, travel to Jen’s home for her partner, Amy, to meet her family for the first time. Jen’s father doesn’t seem as taken with Jen’s relationship, but as the short film progresses, viewers are taken on a journey of progress in the family, ending with a heart-warming scene and the message, “A loving world starts with a loving home.” In addition to the film using a real LGBTQ+ couple for the main characters (authenticity is everything, folks!), the director of photography, Bianca Cline, is openly trans, and the music and editing also by LGBTQ+ folks.
OREO and PFLAG’s Proud Parent platform is a long-term campaign that shines a light on the importance of a supportive family in fostering greater LGBTQ+ acceptance and provides a platform that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community and the allies that lift them up.
The Pride cookies won’t be sold in stores. Instead, you must win a pack by sharing a photo of what allyship means to you via Instagram or Twitter. Tag and follow @OREO, as well as use the hashtags #ProudParent and #Giveaway. Only 10,000 of the packs are available.
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Beautifully gothic Texas wedding with creative details
- Fortune Feimster marries Jacquelyn Smith in intimate beach wedding
- How to create an inclusive wedding for hearing-impaired and deaf guests
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors