We are basically late-to-the-game high school sweethearts. Taylor was a year older than me when we were in high school, and I always thought she was adorable and apparently she thought I was very cute. She played basketball and I was on a pom cheerleader, so I saw her all the time for games.
One day we exchanged numbers and texted for less than 48 hours. She realized I wasn’t ready to come out to the world. She graduated and joined the Air Force and I went to college. She lived in several different states because of the military and I stayed in Oklahoma City.
We didn’t speak until eight years later (and mind you I’m still super interested in her) when I got the courage to text her one night. We never stopped texting after that! I think we both grew up and realized we were pretty perfect for each other. She lived in Key West, so we would commute back and forth to each other for months until she got stationed back in Oklahoma City.
We started dating, got engaged, bought a house, and six months after her deployment, we decided we needed a baby boy in our life. He’s the closest thing we can have as far as children, so we believed he needed a proper introduction to the world. We are both Harry Potter nerds so Gryff—short for Gryffindor—seemed like a fitting name. We did our session just a couple days after we picked up Gryff. He is two months old. —from Mireya, one half of the couple
Photographer: Alexandra Dugan Photo
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast
- 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
- LGBTQ-friendly wedding planning apps you need to try
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration