Queer Eye star Tan France and husband Rob are expecting their first child
On Tuesday, Queer Eye star Tan France announced on Instagram that he and his husband, Rob, are expecting a baby this summer.
Along with a cheeky picture of Tan cradling a photo of an ultrasound over his stomach, he wrote:
“So happy to finally share that
WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!
No, I’m not pregnant, despite this VERY realistic pic.”
He went on to discuss his and his husband’s journey to parenthood:
“With the greatest gift/help of the most wonderful surrogate, Rob and I are lucky enough to be on our way to being parents, this Summer.
Something we’ve wanted for SOooo many years. Our hearts are so full right now. I cannot wait to hold this baby, and to show him so much love.”
View this post on Instagram
Illustrator Rob France also posted the good news, along with a drawing of a baby, saying:
“We have a beautiful little angel on the way and I didn’t think it was humanly possible to feel like this.”
View this post on Instagram
Tan’s post has garnered over a million and a half likes.
In the comments, his Queer Eye costars expressed their joy with both love and humor:
“So happy for you!!!,” wrote Jonathan Van Ness. “I’m so proud of you and Rob you are two of the sweetest most genuine people in the world & this is the most exciting news ever.”
Karamo Brown wrote, “Yay!!!!!!! Uncle Momo is going to spoil this baby!!!!”
Bobby Berk added, “Hahahaha. The joy of this post outshines the creepiness of this pic.”
And finally, Antoni Porowski wrote, “Now I know what it’s like to cry tears of joy and be turned on simultaneously thank you and congrats boys!!!!”
The Frances were married in 2007. In 2018, Tan opened up about not only his desire for a big family, but also his commitment to speak publicly about surrogacy:
“If I want to have children I want to talk about it and nobody can say it’s wrong and get away with it,” Tan told the UK Press Association. “I think that just by the nature of our show and by the nature of who I am, I think that helps lend a light and shine a light on a method that isn’t discussed as often as it should be.”
In that same article, he declared he wanted to have six kids: “I truly do want six. I will settle for minimum four. And no, six is not loads. It’s just enough.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor