Romantic coffee shop engagement photos in Elmhurst, Illinois
“A simple app, a busy morning, but I saw her and the whole world stopped. I ignored what I should have been doing for the day. I ignored the unwritten rules. You know that one, where you’re not supposed to ‘super like’ or star them or heart them because they’ll think you’re creepy or too forward. I was captured by a simple photo, a face that said so much, a story I needed to know. ‘Fierce’ was the first word that came to mind, and I needed to tell her, so I leaped, and I fell without even looking for a net below.
We wasted no time; equally compelled, we met a few hours later. When I opened that coffeehouse door, I had no jitters, no fear, and when I saw her face, I felt at home in a way I’ve never known before. More at home than when I’m dancing in the dark alone. More at home than when enveloped in my mother’s unconditionally loving embrace. More at home than I ever imagined was possible, even in death.
It sounds so cliche to say I’ve known you for lifetimes, but truthfully, the more we talked the more I felt like I’d known her eternally like we’d never been separated.
After hours of conversation, we stepped outside and the moment our feet touched the earth, that pilot light inside me became a roaring fire. Twas not only possible, but it was also here, and I’d known it all along. I chose the difficulties I faced because it would lead me back to her. Everything made sense. Every smile on her face, every flutter of her lashes, every glimmer in her eye was confirmation.” —Jes, one half of the couple
“The easiest thing in the world was to fall in love with Jes. I proposed in December of 2018 and we will be married on the coast of Washington in July 2020.” —Anne, one half of the couple
Photographer: Glass & Grain Photography
Attire: Frocks and Frills Vintage
Location: Brewpoint Coffee, Wilder Park, and around Elmhurst, Illinois
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot