TLC’s beloved “Say Yes to the Dress” TV show is coming to Atlanta. The NYC-based series showcases brides—mainly straight, but several lesbian couples—going through the process of buying their wedding gowns. There’s always a confessional diary-type moment with dramatics from some family member or the bride herself talking about going over her budget, getting something different than what her mom or aunt wants or how emotional the entire wedding process is. The reality show is set in Kleinfeld’s Bridal in Manhattan, led by a fun and fussy team of wedding experts appointed to each bride and her entourage. Randy Fenoli, fashion director, appears in every episode, talking about what he’s seeing on the runways and assisting the bride or brides in finding her perfect gown. (We interviewed Fenoli about the top trends for wedding gowns in 2010 our current issue.)
Now the show is branching off to Atlanta at the spacious Bridals by Lori salon to feature Southern brides determined to find their dream dress. We expect it to be just as addictive as the NYC-based series, if not more colorful.
New episodes of the next season of “Say Yes to the Dress” in New York begin airing Friday, April 23 at 10 p..m. “Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta” begins airing in July.
In recent history, Bridals by Lori has been very receptive to our lesbian readers shopping for their gowns with their fiancées.
To apply to be on the show, visit www.bridalsbylori.com.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights