Must-wear fashions for your warm-weather honeymoon
By Anne Chertoff
I would bet money that you’re probably planning to honeymoon in a location that has a beach or pool. Most brides no longer purchase a traditional trousseau, but they will pick up a few new things to wear while they’re away—for both day and nighttime activities. Last week I covered lingerie, so now it’s time to focus on sexy daywear attire. Here are some of the hottest swimsuits and coverups you’ll need for lounging on the beach or by the hotel pool:
left to right:
One-piece bathing suit features a ruched tulle overlay and detachable halter straps. Available in dark rosewood, black, buff pink and dusty baltic. Tulle Twist-Front Bandeau Tank by J. Crew, $125
Hand-crocheted 2-piece bikini in white by Calypso St. Barth for Target. Top and bottom sold separately, $18.89 each.
Twisted style bandeau with sewn in cups and tie back. The tie-dye print is accented with gold rings in the back and gold lame ties. The tab side bottom also has gold rings and matching gold lame sides. Ice Swirl Bandeau and Tab Side Bottom, sold separately, by PILY Q, $82 each or $164 for both at southbeachswimsuits.com
One-piece bathing suit featuring a banded trim detail, high back for full support and shelf bra. Available in black/berry, steel/orchid, navy/palma and black/pearl (shown here). Classic Tank by Lisa Curran, $185
left to right:
A super fit is guaranteed in this tankini (yes, just the top), which features lightly padded, removeable cups and a halter neckline that fastens with a tie. Chic Trim Halter Tankini Top by Spanx, $172.50 at figleaves.com. Chic Trim High-rise Bikini Brief, $133.50 at figleaves.com (not shown) sold separately.
One-piece suit with thick straps, V-neckline and cut-out sides and back. Available in white, black, malva, aqua, royal blue, olive green, salmon and purple. Montego Bay 3048 by Sauipe, $135
One-piece with wide straps and a high back for maximum coverage. “Hydro Bra” provides an athletic fit with added support and removable cups. Available in nautical navy (shown), black and plum. Endurance+ Wave Splice Ultraback with Speedo Core Stabalizer by Speedo, $98
Bandeau bikini featuring a cotton crocheted insert on the top along with side boning for support. The triangle string bottom features cotton crochet detailing on the sides. Kelly Bandeau by Brette Sandler in Gypsy Floral Violet, $165
left to right:
Flowing sheer shirt dress coverup. Available in truffle or rose (shown). Button-Front Coverup by Michael Kors, $92, at bloomingdales.com
Short silky tunic with strappy shoulder detail, adjustable drawstring middle and low V-neckline. Peek a Boo by PILY Q, $137
Sea Blue geometric print cotton-silk coverup by Emilio Pucci, $664, at bluefly.com
Split V-neck pullover style jersey coverup with capped sleeves in an abstract painterly print. Tami Scribble-Print Coverup by Diane von Furstenberg, on sale now for $157.50 at saksfifthavenue.com
Anne Chertoff is the author of The Wedding Organizer available at russellandhazel.com.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor