Music-themed stormy Oklahoma City wedding
Trees fell that day, but love stood. Power lines were down, generators were frantically rented by begging wedding planners, but the couple’s nerves were sound. What was lost on everyone else was not lost on Wesley and Jared, which was at the end of the night, come hell or literally high water, they would be married.
The wedding took place in the oldest chapel in Oklahoma city, Old Trinity of Paseo and the affair was captured by Mandy Davis Photography. The ceremony was held outside of the chapel under a circle arch of their favorite colors of peaches and blues.
The reception was held inside of the small chapel with garland centerpieces and 45’s staggered down the tables. Musical notes even adorned the wedding cake, as it is such a huge part of the couple’s life. Once the music kicked up, they changed into the carefully chosen party tuxes and the dance floor got TURNT! I die. Somehow all of this bigness managed to feel so personal, like you could scoop it up in one hug.
I think it’s because this couple – and all the love that surrounds them – is magic.
From the photographer, Mandy Davis
Photographer: Mandy Davis Photography
DJ: Nick Singer at Stellar DJ
Jewelry: Helzberg Diamonds
Invitations: Zazzle and Minted
Hair Stylist: Velvet Monkey Salon
Venue: Old Trinity of Paseo
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal