Cody and Brandon met at an outdoor summer music series beloved by all Austin-ites called Blues on the Green. And as they say… the rest is history. The couple’s modern wedding venue Prospect House was total spring wedding perfection! Event planning by Platinum Wedding and Events made the day run smoothly and beautifully. The grooms helped each other get dressed, topping off their suits with colorful handkerchiefs, matching rainbow socks and succulent boutonnieres. As guests arrived by shuttle, they were greeted by a delicious Antonelli’s cheese display… yum!
On the most beautiful spring day, each groom was walked down the aisle by both of their parents. The modern white frame with hill country views served as the simple ceremony backdrop. When the guys first met, they also bonded over the fact they both loved the Sofia Coppola Blanc de Blancs Mini champagne cans. So obviously, that had to be featured for guests at the reception!
As music lovers, the couple made sure to pick a super fun band for the reception, The Nightowls. Cody and Brandon danced to the classily romantic “At Last” by Etta James for their first dance. The band kept the dance floor packed all night, with the exception of a quick mini-donut exchange courtesy of the adorable hot pink Little Lucy’s mini-donuts trailer. The last dance “Shout” played by the band had everyone in a dance party frenzy. What an incredible wedding! Huge congratulations Cody and Brandon!
From the photographer, Cory Ryan
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- If you’re thinking of proposing, here are 8 ways to pop the question
- Wife Swap will have its first episode featuring black gay dads
- What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
- Romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast
- 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
- LGBTQ-friendly wedding planning apps you need to try
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible