Cody and Brandon met at an outdoor summer music series beloved by all Austin-ites called Blues on the Green. And as they say… the rest is history. The couple’s modern wedding venue Prospect House was total spring wedding perfection! Event planning by Platinum Wedding and Events made the day run smoothly and beautifully. The grooms helped each other get dressed, topping off their suits with colorful handkerchiefs, matching rainbow socks and succulent boutonnieres. As guests arrived by shuttle, they were greeted by a delicious Antonelli’s cheese display… yum!
On the most beautiful spring day, each groom was walked down the aisle by both of their parents. The modern white frame with hill country views served as the simple ceremony backdrop. When the guys first met, they also bonded over the fact they both loved the Sofia Coppola Blanc de Blancs Mini champagne cans. So obviously, that had to be featured for guests at the reception!
As music lovers, the couple made sure to pick a super fun band for the reception, The Nightowls. Cody and Brandon danced to the classily romantic “At Last” by Etta James for their first dance. The band kept the dance floor packed all night, with the exception of a quick mini-donut exchange courtesy of the adorable hot pink Little Lucy’s mini-donuts trailer. The last dance “Shout” played by the band had everyone in a dance party frenzy. What an incredible wedding! Huge congratulations Cody and Brandon!
From the photographer, Cory Ryan
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset