It’s no secret, we love donuts. Glazed, filled, frosted, mini donuts, donut holes, even Cronuts. And donuts are a great dessert option (or wedding cake alternative) for weddings! Want to have these yummy treats at your wedding? Here are some creative ways to serve donuts at your wedding!
Donuts that double as decor? Sign us up! Organize your donuts as a wall hanging backdrop. Bonus points if you use your donuts to create a design! Just make sure the couple dives in first or everyone will think the display is too pretty to eat.
While the hole in the middle of a donut can seem like a sad lack of donut, it does serve and awesome purpose! It makes your donuts stackable and easy to display (and eat).
Who says a cake stand is just for cake? Whether donuts are complimenting your wedding cake or are taking the place of a cake, display your donuts stacked on a cake stand for a pretty visual display. You can even put a cake topper on top of your donuts!
Why have one tray of donuts when you can have several? A tower of donuts leaves tons of opportunities for decoration. Have different flavors of donuts on each layer or make a rainbow or pattern with donuts of different color icing on each level. The possibilities are endless!
Donuts are a great prop for showing off your engagement ring during photo shoots, or as a celebratory post-proposal snack!
Love sweets but don’t want to commit to just donuts? There are tons of dessert ideas for weddings that pair well with donuts and give your guests a smorgasbord of delicious options.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot