Sunny and blissful engagement session at Chicago’s Belmont Harbor
Claire and Amelia celebrated their engagement with a photo session at Chicago’s beautiful Belmont Harbor on Lake Michigan. The happy couple strode along the city’s beloved Lakefront Trail, which offered gorgeous views of both the water and skyline.
What do you love most about each other?
Claire: Amelia has the biggest, most empathetic heart and she reminds me not to be too cynical. She’s got a different point of view on the world from anyone I’ve ever met and I love that I’m always surprised by her. When we’re together I can be completely myself and, for me at least, that kind of comfort with someone is rare.
Amelia: She loves every holiday and celebrating everyone’s birthday (and is an amazing gift giver!). She is the smartest person I know, but is also willing to be very stupid and silly. I have the most fun when I’m with her and I look forward to any time we get to spend together, even if we’re just hanging out on our couch watching old seasons of Survivor.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Madi Ellis Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests