Sunny and blissful engagement session at Chicago’s Belmont Harbor
Claire and Amelia celebrated their engagement with a photo session at Chicago’s beautiful Belmont Harbor on Lake Michigan. The happy couple strode along the city’s beloved Lakefront Trail, which offered gorgeous views of both the water and skyline.
What do you love most about each other?
Claire: Amelia has the biggest, most empathetic heart and she reminds me not to be too cynical. She’s got a different point of view on the world from anyone I’ve ever met and I love that I’m always surprised by her. When we’re together I can be completely myself and, for me at least, that kind of comfort with someone is rare.
Amelia: She loves every holiday and celebrating everyone’s birthday (and is an amazing gift giver!). She is the smartest person I know, but is also willing to be very stupid and silly. I have the most fun when I’m with her and I look forward to any time we get to spend together, even if we’re just hanging out on our couch watching old seasons of Survivor.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Madi Ellis Photography
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms
- This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic
- The best way to register for wedding gifts