Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
“I knew I was going to marry Shaina the day I met her. After a year of dating, I decided to start planning the engagement. I knew where I wanted it to be and when but decided to let the other details fall into place naturally. I designed her ring and had it custom-made so that it would be one of a kind, just like she is.
As the day quickly approached, I reminded myself to keep it simple. I wanted my heart to be on display above anything else. We headed down to the dock at my family’s lake house and I urged Shaina to go fishing with me. As she reeled in the line, I knelt behind her in anticipation. Out of the water, she drew a fishing lure that read, ‘You are the greatest catch of my life!’
When she turned around, I was finally able to ask her to spend the rest of her life with me. She said ‘Yes!’ without hesitation. It was, and will remain, one of the greatest days of my life.” —Ashton, one half of the couple
Photographer: Ashley Strong Photography
Venue: Palm Springs, California
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tropical, timeless wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Where to buy your ethical, conflict-free wedding jewelry
- Modern romantic fall wedding inspiration in Charleston, South Carolina
- Black and white industrial wedding with jungle themed decor
- Have you thought about a fitness resort?
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos