Surprise engagement with a champagne toast for high school sweethearts
High school sweethearts Olivia (she/her) and Jacey (she/her) love winter weather, so when Olivia decided to surprise Jacey with a proposal, she knew January would be the ideal time. Jacey had proposed to Olivia first, over the summer at the beach, so Olivia planned to pop the question under the guise of an engagement session at Forest Park in St. Louis, Missouri.
The natural light gave these portraits a film aesthetic as the pair casually took photos and chatted with their photographer. When they reached the center of the Grand Basin, featuring the park’s historic fountains, Olivia got down on one knee and proposed.
There was one more surprise in store for Jacey. Knowing that family was an important part of their relationship, Olivia invited family members to celebrate after Jacey said yes. The couple’s family members arrived, bringing champagne for a celebratory toast.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Dorothy Louise Photography
Location: Forest Park Visitor and Education Center
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings