When I came out to my mom, I didn’t expect her to come out to me too
jennlerner, 4 years ago 6 min read
By coming out to me, she affirmed that it was completely normal to not be straight, and this shared revelation was both healing and transformative.
I’m asexual—here’s how I wish we celebrated Valentine’s Day
Ceillie Simkiss, 4 years ago 6 min read
Valentine’s Day is more complicated as an asexual adult. Where it used to be about celebrating everyone that you love—whether those feelings are platonic or romantic—Valentine’s Day is now a nightmare for me. No matter where you turn, love is being conflated with sexual desire, and it’s frankly exhausting.
My New Year’s resolution is to live for the queer, disabled teen I used to be
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 4 years ago 5 min read
That’s why this year, my New Year’s resolution is to live—to thrive, to celebrate—for the queer, disabled teen I once was.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds